If you have your tree watering bags and GießIf you want to use the rings for many years, we recommend that you take them off the tree in winter and store them. In this article you will find all the important information.
If you would also like to know what else you would like to do to ensure the longevity of your tree watering bags, you will find a link to the other important care instructions below.
Why should you store bags and rings at the end of the watering season?
In late autumn and winter the trees only need a little water. It therefore doesn't make sense to leave your watering bag on the tree permanently. The high humidity in autumn can also cause mold to form on the trunk. In addition, the bag becomes brittle due to frost. If you want to water your trees in winter, you should follow the individual steps in these instructions after each watering session. If you are interested in this topic, you can find more information about tree watering in these articles Autumn and in the Winter.
How do you store your tree watering bags correctly?
When you remove the bags from the tree at the end of the watering season, you should first clean them thoroughly. You can find a detailed article about this here.
If the bags are clean and dry, you can store them in a dry place, if possible at a constant temperature between 5 and 20 degrees Celsius. For example, if you have a basement, this would be an ideal room for this. Otherwise, you can also store them in your apartment.
Depending on your preference and conditions, you have various options for storage:
- You can carefully fold the bags and stack them on top of each other.
- Alternatively, you can roll up the bags like a yoga mat. Rolling is the least stressful on PVC as there are few kinks.
- Hang the bags by their loops.
You should also pay attention to the following points:
- Be careful not to place anything heavy on the bags.
- Make sure there are as few kinks and wrinkles as possible when storing. You can also straighten the bags a little. In addition, it can be helpful to leave the zipper open.
And how do you store yours? geeßring correctly?
The same principles apply to the casting rings as to the bags. It is important that you store the rings with the lid open. You can store the unscrewed lids in a container. You can stack the rings on top of each other.
Here's another step-by-step guide:
- Clean and empty: Before storing, make sure the watering bags are clean and completely empty. Remove any dirt, debris, or debris from inside the bags.
- Air Dry: Allow bags to air dry completely before storing. This prevents the formation of mold or moss during storage.
- Inspect for Damage: Before storing, check each bag for signs of damage, such as holes, tears, or worn spots. Repair or replace damaged bags to ensure they function properly when needed.
- Fold and stack: Fold the bags neatly and stack them in a dry and cool storage area. Avoid exposing them to direct sunlight as prolonged exposure to UV rays can weaken the material over time.
- Store indoors: If possible, you can store the watering bags indoors to protect them from extreme weather conditions. A garage, shed, or other storage space can provide a more stable environment.
- Avoid heavy objects: Do not place heavy objects on the stored bags as this may cause deformation and damage.
- Label and organize: If you have several baumbad bags of different sizes or types, label them and organize them accordingly. This makes it easier for you to take out and assign the right watering bag when needed in the spring.
- Periodic Checks: Check stored bags regularly throughout the winter to ensure they remain in good condition. If you notice problems in the storage location, you should correct them immediately or change the storage location.
Following these usage instructions will ensure that your tree watering bags remain in good condition and are ready for use again at the start of the new growing season.
You can find out more about how you can extend the life of your bags here.
Do you want more tree knowledge?