The baumbad tree watering bags are high-quality products that will last for years if used correctly. An important factor is the occasional cleaning of the bags. Here you can find out everything about this topic. At the end of the text you will find even more information on how you can extend the life of your bags.
How often should I clean my tree watering bags?
The most important care measure for your tree bags is to remove them from the tree at the end of the watering season to store. If you only want to clean the bags once a year, this is the time to do it. You can find instructions for this below.
We also recommend that you regularly remove the bags from the tree and clean them during the watering season. To do this, pour out the remaining water and leave the bag off the tree for at least a day. This also has the following advantages:
- Prevents algae formation in the irrigation bag
- Prevents ant infestation
- Reduces waterlogging and fungal development on the tree trunk
After you have poured out the remaining water, you can wipe your bag inside and out with a damp sponge and then let it dry. Make sure that the bag does not dry in the blazing sun. Your bag will then be ready for use again.
What should you pay attention to when cleaning tree watering bags?
- Only use soft materials. A damp cloth or sponge is ideal.
- Do not use chemical cleaning agents. These will most likely harm the tree you are watering with the bag, as well as the plants around it.
- If you still want to use chemical cleaning agents, make sure that they do not attack the plastic and are biodegradable.
- Do not wash the bags in the washing machine.
How do you go about cleaning tree watering bags?
If you want to clean the bags thoroughly, we recommend the following procedure:
- First pour the remaining water out of the bag.
- Clean the outside of the bags. Ideally, you should scrub and wipe the bags with a rag, sponge or cloth using a water hose, with or without a soft brush attachment. Under no circumstances should you use high temperatures or a high-pressure cleaner. Note: Kärchern shortens the lifespan of the bags.
- Clean the inside of the bags: You probably don't need as much water here as the outside. A damp cloth is often enough to wipe away the dust.
- If holes are clogged, you can carefully unclog them with a nail. Important: Please do not make any new holes in the bag.
- When cleaning, you can also check whether there are any defects on your bag. If such places exist, you have the opportunity to order free patches from us. You can find one here Instructionshow to repair the bags.
- Once the bags are washed, be sure to let them dry thoroughly. Ideally, you should hang them upside down so that the water can drain away. Leave them hanging for two to three days. Before you take them off, check that they are completely dry. This way you can prevent mold from forming.
- In the spring, after storage, you can check the bags and wipe away any dust.
You can find out more about how you can extend the life of your bags here.
Do you want more tree knowledge?